More than 500 volunteers have joined with residents in West Philadelphia to help fix homes.
The cleanup took two days, but the vacant lot at 34th and Clearfield has become the city’s newest green space.
City Council’s vote last year to raise a particular fee from $30 to $750 prompted a flood of outrage and now has prompted a council committee to roll it back about halfway.
Once in a while apparently you can fight City Hall. That happened this past week, as Council heard complaints about a huge increase in an annual license fee, and so the lawmakers are likely to cut that hike in half.
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Movie Theater Tries To Do Right By Couple With Down Syndrome, After They Say They Were Mistreated
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...