When you see the word “organic” on a food label, what it means and what it says to you are apparently two different things.
What’s the difference between a sell by date, a best if used by date, and a use by date?
Conveniently-timed for Obama’s reelection, the Hispanic and Women Farmers and Ranchers Claims Resolution program began September 24, 2012 – just a month-and-a-half before the election. Apparently the Obama administration did not care about this alleged injustice to females and Hispanics any time in the past three-and-a-half years. It just happened to be thought about and addressed now – just before voters pull the lever.
In recent decades, the government has taken to feeding needy children to combat the negativity of trying to learn while being hungry. Now, with new Obama administration regulations on school lunches, we have a government that is causing hunger.
“It’s all in the messaging,” says Sandy Sherman, director of nutrition education for the Philadelphia-based Food Trust.
Chris talks to Senator Pat Toomey on the Senate vote to extend some of the Bush Tax Cuts, Steve Cordasco on Finance Friday, CBS 3′s Beasley Reece on the opening of the Olympics and Michael Vick sell his new line of clothes, and to City Councilman Jim Kenney on his proposed resolution to condemn Chick-Fil-A.
Produce prices in our area have been stable this summer and should remain stable until locally grown produce is gone.
A new study revealed that a child that was born during 2011 will cost about $234,900 to raise.
You’re buying the same foods at the supermarket each week, but have you noticed that your grocery bill is growing? Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you, the culprit is food inflation.
“That’s not to say we won’t still see pizza. But you’ll see a whole-grain crust. You’ll see low-fat cheese. You’ll see low-sodium tomato sauce. You’ll see a salad alongside of that pizza,” USDA undersecretary Audrey Rowe says.
The Philadelphia School District is weighing its options on whether it should opt for government beef that does not contain the filler that has come to be known as “pink slime.”
A monthly food distribution by the Food Bank of South Jersey’s Hope Mobile to registered families in North Camden is the closest many of those in line say they will get to a supermarket-like setting.
About ten people held signs criticizing animal mistreatment at Penn — not as part of research but by the conditions they live in at the labs.
Penn bioethicist Art Caplan is criticizing the federal government for not informing the the public sooner about a salmonella outbreak apparently related to ground turkey.
The USDA has revised its cooking guidelines for pork. You no longer have to cook it to 160 degrees. You can now serve it at a more medium rare temperature of 145 degrees.
- Expert: ecoATMs Easy Money For Thieves
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Rapper To Project Music Video Onto 3 Philadelphia Landmarks
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Philadelphia
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...