US Department of Labor
The number of the nation’s jobless fell, but the number of Pennsylvanians still seeking employment went up.
State labor commissioner Harold Wirths isn’t ready to go as far as his counterparts some other states who have criticized how the Bureau of Labor Statistics is calculating the unemployment rate.
The 2011 US Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that men comprise only 18.3% of elementary and middle school teachers and 2.3% of preschool and kindergarten teachers – depriving kids of good role models.
By Dr. Marciene Mattleman PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – When Frank Stevens graduated from high school he wasn’t sure what he wanted to do with his life. He planned to start college with a two-year, associate’s degree. […]
The feds have approved some $5 million that will aid displaced workers at a pair of shuttered oil refineries in Delaware County.
Winners of a regional Job Corps cooking competition showed off their skills Tuesday at a free cooking demonstration at Reading Terminal Market.
For thousands of soldiers, a new battle will begin: to adjust here at home. Not all will succeed, and the most vulnerable may end up on the street.
New numbers are out on workplace-related deaths in the Philadelphia metro area. And the US Labor Department says homicide is the most common way to die on the job.
- Philadelphia Author Wins National Science Fiction Writing Award
- Man Injured After Box Of Ammunition Explodes In Delaware
- Lehigh County Couple Charged In Theft Of $854K From Township
- Hints At New Plans From Buyer of Woodcrest Country Club
- Police Searching For 2 Suspects After Woman Calls 911 From Trunk Of Car
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...