Flood waters filled the home of war veteran Andy Jackson with almost two feet of water. His furniture is gone, walls and floors taken apart, but his spirit remains intact, thanks to fellow U.S. Navy and Army veterans from his local American Legion post helping him rebuild.
After losing a leg in Iraq, Josh Olson is now participating in the Paralympics.
There was a flag raising ceremony outside Independence Hall on Thursday. The 78th Army Band played and members of the Philadelphia chapter of Tuskegee Airmen were on hand.
This past winter’s beach replenishment in Cape May is going to need a little extra work. An experimental method to move the sand around produced an unexpected and unwelcomed byproduct.
The event was hosted by RecruitMilitary.com at Lincoln Financial Field. And even though the job market is tough, some companies were welcoming vets with open arms.
“We need lighter, more-integrated capabilities — sensors, jammers, pre-detection systems, that are integrated at birth and not lashed together as an afterthought,” suggested Lt. General Michael Barbero.
Authorities in Delaware have identified the body found in a landfill in Wilmington on New Year’s Eve as a New Castle man who served three presidents — and they’re calling his death a homicide.
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Some Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Doesn't Go Far Enough
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta