Pennsylvania’s labor secretary told lawmakers on Tuesday that state police are investigating whether the state’s hotline for jobless benefits was sabotaged, even as she assured them that the problems plaguing it in recent months are improving.
The state Department of Labor and Industry said December’s unemployment rate rose to 7.9 percent from 7.8 percent. The national unemployment rate is 7.8 percent.
Record numbers of young adults are completing high school, going to and completing college, according to new data from the US Census Bureau.
If you left a job but now want back in, or if you were laid off but hear of job openings at your old company, what should and what should you NOT do?
Unemployment hurts more than your wallet, it may damage your heart. A new study shows unemployment can take a big toll on a person’s health. Researchers found people who lost their jobs were at a greater risk of suffering a heart attack.
There is a new breed of truthers on the right. Joining the paranoid ranks of the advocates of a government role in 9-11 and the birthers fascination with President Obama’s birth certificate are conservatives that believe the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is making up jobs numbers to benefit President Obama.
Anyone who has been fired has faced emotional distress. But when can you file a claim against your former employer for intentional infliction of emotional distress?
New Jersey officials say the state lost nearly 12,000 jobs in October but the unemployment rate also dropped by one-tenth of one percent.
Gov. Christie and FEMA announced on Friday that New Jersey residents will now have until Feb. 4, 2013 to apply for coverage under the federal Disaster Unemployment Assistance program.
Obviously, do not lie on a resume. If you give yourself fake degrees or fake former jobs you are asking for trouble but there are also some less obvious mistakes to avoid.
Today, Republicans feel a combination of confusion, disbelief, and anger as to how a slim majority of Americans can possibly want four more years of the Obama administration in the White House. To many, it seems inconceivable that people want to take a chance on more of the same.
Unfortunately, political poll after political poll reveals that the presidential election of 2012 has much to do – in fact, more to do – with the race of the presidential candidate than most anything else.
On Friday, President Barack Obama told his supporters at a campaign rally – inside a public high school, no less – to vote for revenge!
New Jersey governor Chris Christie announced in a news conference Sunday that anyone who lost their job due to Sandy could apply for unemployment.
The special assistance program will help those in Atlantic, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean and Union counties who were living or working in the affected counties at the time of the storm and who are unemployed as a result of it.
- Cleanup Underway After Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Shore Towns
- Police: Shoplifters Conceal $600 In Prescription Drugs Down Front Of Their Pants
- Car Crash Causes Hundreds of Residents To Lose Power In Bucks County
- Dom Giordano Speaks To Gov. Corbett About Increase In Gas Prices Under Proposed Bill
- New Pantry Program Provides Fresh, Healthy Food To Those In Need
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...