Craig Robinson stopped to promote Tyler Perry’s Peeples.
Sports championships are always big news. Chess championships, almost never. But volunteer coaches and their supporters are helping young chess players from Philadelphia travel to the big show.
Thousands of people immigrate to the United States every year. Elderly immigrants who don’t speak English can find themselves lonely in a new country. Now there’s a national effort to help, born in the city of brotherly love.
The last thing a cancer patient needs is housework to do. But many do it without help, until now. Dozens of cancer patients are getting a break at home thanks to some businesses who step up to clean up.
Move over, Frankie Avalon. CBS 3 Morning Anchor Ukee Washington has signed on to make a cameo appearance as “Teen Angel,” the role Philadelphia ‘50s teen idol Avalon played in the movie version of “Grease.”
CBS 3 and The CW Philly 57 teamed up with its CBS RADIO sister stations today to wrap up the 24th annual Joy of Sharing toy campaign with a day-long toy collection and on-air fundraising effort that raised $212,000 for The Salvation Army to help families in need this holiday season. The stations also collected 5,000 toys in the last month for children in need.
When a Chester County woman heard about homeless children who needed pajamas, she decided to do something about it. She’s like a Santa for sleepwear with the help of a lot of elves!
Children in hospitals across the area are getting handmade hats thanks to some senior citizens who made quite a name for themselves.
Inside a church in Fishtown, you can feel the noise, courtesy of Rock to the Future, a free afterschool program for underprivileged students ages 9 to 17.
Most schools are open after Sandy, but that doesn’t mean the school year is back to normal for everyone.
Peter Sharkey of the Rothman Institute at Riddle Hospital stops by Talk Philly.
See Ukee’s 80’s makeover!
A West Philadelphia man who served time in prison has a new lease on life. He recently won a Knight Foundation award for his work inspiring young people.
Comedians Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakas were in Philadelphia Tuesday to promote their new movie, “The Campaign.”
Being the athlete he is, Ukee Washington knows all about hard work. Rehab after hip replacement isn’t easy, but it’s the key to recovering quickly. 3 On Your Side Health Reporter Stephanie Stahl has more on his physical therapy.
- 2 Injured After Car Slams Into Wall Outside Yeadon Fire Department
- Study: Obesity Rates Highest Among Transportation Workers
- Penalty Phase Begins In Kaboni Savage Murder Case
- Local Red Cross Sends Help To Oklahoma Tornado Disaster Area
- Judge To Decide In Several Weeks Whether To Throw Out Corbett’s Case Against NCAA
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...