With families struggling with college costs and concern about the potential payoff of a degree, student enrollment has dropped and a growing number of colleges are adjusting their marketing strategies to attract students.
As college costs climb, so does the amount of the nation’s student loan debt. Rather than taking out another loan, 3 On Your Side Consumer Reporter Jim Donovan looks at some other ways to cut college costs.
Higher educational institutions in the California system are looking for creative ways to reduce college costs. A project with Udacity, a for-profit provider of MOOC – or massive open online courses – may offer a solution.
As the Archdiocese of Philadelphia prepares to close four high schools and 44 parish schools, students, families and community members are devastated.
It’s the time of year when hundreds of thousands of college students head back to school and we all know what that means, money.
Penn State University students face another tuition hike, though a smaller one than many of them had feared, as the school grapples with a $68 million cut in state aid.
Students at the University of Delaware can expect to see a 7 percent increase in tuition this fall.
According to the new website, of the 32 most expensive public schools for in-state tuition, Penn State’s 20 campuses are on the list, with main campus on top.
Temple University announced Friday that it will raise tuition by about $1200 per student this fall to make up for deep cuts in state education aid.
Why should colleges recruit students from abroad? First of all, they bring diversity to campuses as well as extra tuition revenue.
During a state Senate Appropriations hearing this past week, the heads of the four state-related universities – Temple, Lincoln, Pitt and Penn State – said that the governor’s proposal to cut their funding by more than half would affect more than just tuition.
The cost of college can vary widely between low-priced community colleges and elite private universities. What do students at each kind of school get for their tuition dollar?
The cost of college is stressing parents and putting students into debt, but they continue to bear the burden because they’re convinced it is vital for the future.
If the price of milk had gone up at the same rate as the price of college tuition, you’d now be paying 15 dollars for a gallon of milk.
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Car Carrier Crashes Into Low Clearance Bridge In Whitemarsh
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Source: Federal Funds Might Be Made Available For Philadelphia Schools
- Pennsylvania Senate Republicans Unveil Liquor Reform Proposal
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...