After recent published reports accused TSA officials of not maintaining their scanner equipment and questioning just how much radiation one receives when going through those machines, the question remains: to just how much radiation are you exposed before you board an airplane?
Thomas Gordon Jr. will spend the next 11 years in prison after pleading guilty to child porn charges.
The Transport Security Administration is rolling out new full-body scanners that are said to be more passenger-friendly than those currently in use.
Thousands of workers who screen baggage and passengers at the nation’s airports, including here at Philadelphia International, will learn later today who will represent them in their first contract with the government.
Chris discussed protestors in Wisconisn finally being removed from the capital building, New Jersey transportation employees being suspended for calling out sick to attend a protest and the TSA reaction to more carry on baggage. Chris talked to Steve Cordasco as part of Finance Friday and to Lou Dubois from Inc. Magazine about the potential NFL lockout.
By Nicole Brewer: Well, it’s one way to clear airport security … don’t wear any clothes! A former Playboy bunny stripped down to her underwear and panties to avoid a pat down by airport security.
A protest over body scanners and pat-down procedures at Philadelphia International Airport had no impact on 84,000 passengers moving through the airport on the fourth busiest travel day of the year.
The new airport security measures have some parents worried about kids going through scanners or being pat-down.
Speaking at the Trenton train station on Monday, Homeland Security secretary Janet Napolitano said pat-downs and full-body scans at airports are unlikely to change anytime soon.
The debate over body scanning technology used at airports is heating up after a San Diego man posted a video of his refusal to go through the screening process.
Just say no to flying. That’s the message resonating with a grass roots organization that disapproves of new full body scanners and pat-downs from Transportation Security Administration officials.
Authorities isolated five cargo planes Friday both locally and abroad following a scare involving suspicious packages that originated in Yemen. The White House says President Barack Obama was notified about a potential terrorist threat after the packages were discovered.
Patco this past week began random searches of passengers as part of a stepped-up security effort, but on the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware, SEPTA has no such plans.
- Sisters Ejected From King Of Prussia Mall Over Profane Cancer Hats
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed By SEPTA Train Near Philmont Station
- Italian Artist's Mosaic Tile Pieces On Display At Pennsylvania Convention Center
- SEPTA Police Chief Tweets Picture Of Alleged Phone Snatcher
- Report Urges End To Automatic Teacher Tenure In Philadelphia Public Schools
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...