Tropical Storm Lee
The next time you ignore barriers and drive into a flooded intersection, it may cost you.
Legislation is making its way through Harrisburg that would hold drivers accountable if they have to be rescued after driving around barricades onto flooded roadways.
New Jersey will get more than $10 million in federal grants to repair state and federal roads damaged by severe weather and flooding that battered the state this summer.
If you have been left jobless because of the storms which struck eastern Pennsylvania in early September, you may be able to get unemployment assistance through the state.
Homeowners, renters and business owners in Philadelphia have been made eligible for federal assistance to help recover from the affects of Tropical Storm Lee, which inundated the area with rain and flood waters earlier this month.
New Jersey cities still cleaning up from flooding caused by Hurricane Irene and remnants of Tropical Storm Lee could see up to 5 inches of rain.
“We saw more flash flooding with Tropical Storm Lee,” said a Montgomery County official. “With Hurricane Irene we saw more widespread flooding and flash flooding throughout most of the eastern section of the county.”
Both counties are handing out free water test kits distributed by the state Department of Environmental Protection.
Twenty-seven Pennsylvania counties are now covered by federal disaster declarations from recent floods. But most declarations involve damage either from Hurricane Irene or Tropical Storm Lee – not both.
Government workers have been out in force spraying for mosquitos across eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and with all the rainwater dumped by recent storms their job won’t be ending anytime soon
- Gov. Christie Orders Flags In New Jersey To Be Flown Half-Staff In Mourning of Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- CBS News Reporter Sharyl Attkisson Says Her Computers May Have Been Tampered With
- Lehigh County Couple Charged In Theft Of $854K From Township
- La Salle University's President To Step Down In May 2014
- Philadelphia Author Wins National Science Fiction Writing Award
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...