Many from a South Philadelphia neighborhood gathered last night as a memorial bench was unveiled, honoring fallen fire Captain Michael Goodwin who died in the line of duty last month.
It was all for the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society’s annual “City in Bloom” event.
Philadelphia’s School Reform Commission voted Wednesday night on whether or not to renew six charter schools. Imani Charter didn’t make the cut and will be fighting to stay alive.
The Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office says Quavon Foster was killed a little less than two weeks before what would have been his 13th birthday.
John McDaniel, 39, is now facing a year and a day in federal prison.
A line formed here outside of Lorenzo’s at 3rd and South, close to an hour before its 11 a.m. grand reopening.
Councilman Johnson, the organizer, says the event wasn’t disorganized but added that the huge number of attendees is an unfortunate sign of the times.
For the third straight year, cupcakes are taking over Northern Liberties at an event benefiting Philabundance.
In recent weeks investigators had been looking into two homes, in the 3500 and 3700 blocks of North 7th Street, in North Philadelphia.
Shira Goodman, executive director of CeaseFirePA, is disappointed the Toomey-Manchin amendment didn’t pass but says the fight for gun control laws will go on.
Some Philadelphia restaurants are offering a taste of the islands next week and part of the proceeds are going to young athletes coming to town for the Penn Relays.
There are even restaurants dedicated to grilled cheese, including one at the Reading Terminal Market called “Melt Kraft.”
Uninsured and underinsured Philadelphia children can get their eyes checked for free on “Give Kids Sight Day.”
Four adults were charged with conspiracy, obstructing highways, failure to disperse, and disorderly conduct.
It was around 9:30 p.m. when fire crews responded here at 6600 North 12th Street. Five people were in the house at the time.
- Sisters Ejected From King Of Prussia Mall Over Profane Cancer Hats
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed By SEPTA Train Near Philmont Station
- Italian Artist's Mosaic Tile Pieces On Display At Pennsylvania Convention Center
- SEPTA Police Chief Tweets Picture Of Alleged Phone Snatcher
- Report Urges End To Automatic Teacher Tenure In Philadelphia Public Schools
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...