The Food Trust
This week on “What’s Cooking,” Hadas Kuznits reports on an upcoming beer festival, a wine festival, and a nighttime food market.
A Philadelphia-based nonprofit is expanding its effort to put healthier food in corner stores in the area.
“It’s all in the messaging,” says Sandy Sherman, director of nutrition education for the Philadelphia-based Food Trust.
Buying fresh local products isn’t just good for you, it benefits farmers, ranchers and artisans. Check out Headhouse Farmers’ Market in Philly for a great time and some wonderful food.
“Vernick” opens near 21st and Walnut, “Spiga” near 13th and Locust, and a center city hotel hosts “Taste of the Nation” to benefit anti-hunger programs in the Delaware Valley.
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...