As the Neshaminy Federation of Teachers heads into day three of its second strike this year, the union contends with more than an expired contract.
Hundreds of parents packed the Maple Point Middle School’s gym for the tonight’s school board meeting, carrying signs with a message for the striking teachers in Neshaminy.
Last week, an arbitrator issued her recommendations. This week, the school board rejected it 9-0 but the teachers accepted — with reservations.
Parents in the Neshaminy School District are scrambling to find activities for their children while the teachers are on strike and some local businesses are stepping up to help out.
Back-and-forth negotiations and no agreement has shut the doors of Philadelphia-area Catholic high schools indefinitely on Wednesday.
Negotiations continue as a central Montgomery County school district tries to avoid a teachers’ strike.
Another negotiating session is scheduled for Wednesday in the Methacton School District in Montgomery County, but the district has already made contingency plans if the teachers walk off the job later this week.
- Cleanup Underway After Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Shore Towns
- Police: Shoplifters Concealed $600 In Prescription Drugs Down Pants
- Car Crash Causes Hundreds of Residents To Lose Power In Bucks County
- Doctor Killed By Husband In NJ Murder-Suicide
- Dom Giordano Speaks To Gov. Corbett About Increase In Gas Prices Under Proposed Bill
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...