Sixty-seven-year-old Charles Sherd has lived in his home on Cantrell Street in South Philadelphia for more than 35 years.
One week from tomorrow, new property assessments for all Philadelphia homeowners get mailed out. In advance of that, the Nutter Administration on Wednesday briefed Council members on the numbers — at least some of them.
One day after briefing city council on the overhaul of Philadelphia’s property tax system, Mayor Nutter said the change will not be used to increase total revenues overall. But he readily admits some individual homeowners will end up paying more.
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...