Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter is defending his record in the wake of a published report that found he has fared worse than previous mayors in going after tax deadbeats.
Two weeks before Philadelphia homeowners are due to receive updated property assessments, Mayor Michael Nutter has announced new efforts to crack down on those who avoid paying their property taxes.
“We found that constitutionally we can have a two-tiered tax system, so we believe that the more you owe, the higher the penalties should be,” Darrell Clarke said.
The city’s Revenue Department has apparently hit on a novel idea for going after tax deadbeats: call them.
- New Pantry Program Provides Fresh, Healthy Food To Those In Need
- Man In Critical Condition After Port Richmond Stabbing
- Christie Can Set NJ Election Date, Lawyers Argue
- Philadelphia Man Finds Sinkhole Filled With Green Ooze
- Sea Isle City Residents Prove They’re Stronger Than Sandy As Rebuilding Efforts Continue
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion