One of the first official acts of new school superintendent William Hite, is to create an Office of Student Services.
“The problem, of course, is that Arlene Ackerman, the last Superintendent, got a big salary and a lot of bonuses and a lot of side deals,” Committee Of Seventy CEO Zack Stalberg said. “And we’re trying to avoid that.”
42-year-old Pedro Martinez, the deputy superintendent at the Clark County, Nevada school district, which includes Las Vegas, is one of the final two candidates for the superintendant position.
The School District has released the name of one of the two finalists for the superintendent’s job. The first candidate to be revealed is Pedro Martinez.
A search team is now in place, to help the School Reform Commission find Philadelphia’s next schools superintendent.
Philadelphia’s former CEO of the Philadelphia School District has a new job. Paul Vallas is taking over the reins in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
In three weeks, students in Philadelphia will be back at school, but the district still does not know who will be teaching thousands of them.
- Activists Work To Spread The Word On The 175th Anniversary Of The Burning Of Pennsylvania Hall
- Emergency Drill To Take Place At Fairmont Station Of Broad Street Subway
- Bank Embezzler Pays Steep Prices After Lying Her Way To A 1 Day Sentencing
- Author Explains How To Cut Plastic Out Of Your Life
- Pennsylvania Indicting Grand Jury Option Used In Chester County Murder