We often have to do CT scans or MRIs to check for strokes but researchers at Johns Hopkins believe they have a much more simple bedside alternative.
According to a new study from the University of Southern California, depression after stroke is linked to increased risk of death.
A new study has looked at different ethnic groups and the link between high blood pressure and stroke. There is a very disturbing finding.
You have probably heard about herbal medications and other over the counter treatments for erectile dysfunction. But you need to remember that just because something is over the counter doesn’t necessarily mean it’s safe.
Beta blockers are a class of medications that have been used in the treatment of heart disease for decades and for good reason. They are effective. But a new study suggests they may be outdated.
They call aspirin the miracle drug. Think about just a few of the benefits, for example, aspirin therapy can reduce heart attacks or strokes.
For more on Strides for Stroke, click here. 18th Annual Dr. Howard Mazer Memorial Strides for Stroke 5K Run/Walk Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:00am – 11:00am The Philadelphia Museum of Art
A report released at the International Stroke Conference links sleep apnea with an increased risk of silent stroke and small legions in the brain.
Women who have high blood pressure in pregnancy are more likely to have problems later in life with their pressure.
Whether you are talking about a stroke or an ankle sprain, a good rehab program can make a major difference in how quickly someone gets better.
White is the new healthy color, according to new research that says white produce can be life saving.
Monitoring blood thinners, such as Coumadin, has usually been done in a clinical setting but at-home monitoring systems – not unlike those used by diabetics to monitor blood sugar levels – may be safe and effective.
New research indicates there is an increased risk for heart problems during the first four weeks after invasive dental treatment.
- Veteran Phila. Police Narcotics Officer Caught In FBI Sting, Charged With Ripoff
- Man Sues South Philly Sex Shop, Claims Gel Burned His Weenie
- Okla. Tornado Is Another Tragedy Requiring Vigilance By All Parents of Young Kids
- 'Operation Swill' Targets NJ Bars Found Selling Cheap Liquor In Premium Bottles
- Tech Company Looking To Fill Open Jobs With Adults With Autism
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...