Steel Pier will open for the season at noon on Saturday in Atlantic City.
Don Marrandino, chairman of the Atlantic City Alliance, says the five-mile stretch of Atlantic City boardwalk is fully intact despite the impression people got from photos that were broadcast during Hurricane Sandy.
Pointing out all the attractions of the Jersey Shore is an exercise in the obvious. A bustling vacation destination since the 1800s, the Jersey Shore attracts millions of families, couples and young singles annually for its spectacular 127 miles of Atlantic Ocean shoreline. It’s Atlantic and Cape May counties that really draw in the locals though. Every summer, the Atlantic City Expressway and Garden State Parkway become bottlenecked with Pennsylvanians and New Yorkers heading toward beaches, bays, bars and boardwalks. From Sandy Hook to historic Cape May, “shoobies” go “down the shore” for sand, surf, sun and fun that only the Shore’s hotels, casinos, souvenir shops, restaurants, amusement parks and wet entertainment can deliver.
Promenades along the boardwalk? Hey, they’ve written songs about that.
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed By SEPTA Train Near Philmont Station
- Italian Artist's Mosaic Tile Pieces On Display At Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Sisters Ejected From King Of Prussia Mall Over Profane Cancer Hats
- SEPTA Police Chief Tweets Picture Of Alleged Phone Snatcher
- Report Urges End To Automatic Teacher Tenure in Philadelphia Public Schools
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...