St. Patrick’s Day
Some folks spent their holiday Sunday learning about their Irish ancestry at the Laurel Hill Cemetery in Philadelphia.
Hundreds of Irish Philadelphians celebrated St. Patrick’s Day at the Memorial to the Irish Famine, at Front and Chestnut Street in Old City.
Philly has a plethora of Irish pubs serving up high-quality cuisine. Here are our picks, just in time for your St. Patrick’s Day festivities.
This week, Hadas previews one of Philadelphia’s “go to” spots for St. Patrick’s Day, and talks with a local chef-owner about the thrill of spring.
The Philadelphia Saint Patrick’s Day Observance Association has announced the winners of the Philadelphia Saint Patrick’s Day Parade.
It was a sea of green, as the St. Patrick’s Day Parade made its way down the streets of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
Watch the entire St. Patrick’s Day Parade on demand!
Philadelphia’s Saint Patrick’s Day parade takes place Sunday at noon and it will be aired on CBS 3 from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
From live entertainment and parades to confections and scavenger hunts, Philadelphia is the ideal city for youngsters to be Irish for a day. Check out these top ways for kids to celebrate in the Philadelphia area.
Even those who aren’t Irish can revel in the splendor and magic of the night in Philadelphia with these top bars to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day 2013.
The Guinness Storehouse, in Dublin, provides not only the authentic brew but a fabulous scenic view.
With St. Patrick’s Day in mind, here are a couple of my top spots when meandering near or far.
Nearly three dozen downtown bars, restaurants and bottle shops agreed to halt alcohol sales to counter an early St. Patrick’s Day celebration created by Penn State students, the most aggressive effort yet to curb drinking on the unofficial “State Patty’s Day.”
Chris talks to Michael Bronstein and Jeff Roe on the Monday Morning Matchup about President Obama’s accomplishment in his first term and to Todd Zolecki about his book, The Rotation, about the Phillies pitching staff from last season. He also debates the merits of corporal punishment in schools and the reception Vice President Joe Biden received at the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Pittsburgh.
A tribute this morning at the Irish Memorial in Old City honored the millions of Irish immigrants who were starved to death in the mid-1800s.
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Car Carrier Crashes Into Low Clearance Bridge In Whitemarsh
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Source: Federal Funds Might Be Made Available For Philadelphia Schools
- Pennsylvania Senate Republicans Unveil Liquor Reform Proposal
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...