SS United States
The SS United States could be headed for the scrap heap in a matter of weeks if the money to keep her afloat isn’t raised.
The SS United States is sending out what may be its final distress call.
Organizers of the effort to breathe new life into the SS United States say they’ve now raised more than $6 million and they’re hoping for a spike in national interest for saving the ship.
A nonprofit conservation group is floating the idea of making a moth-balled ocean liner on the Delaware River part of a long-stalled casino project on the south Philadelphia waterfront.
by KYW’s John McDevitt A Philadelphia philanthropist is making a multimillion-dollar effort to save a South Philadelphia landmark from the scrap heap.
- Car Carrier Crashes Into Low Clearance Bridge In Whitemarsh
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Source: Federal Funds Might Be Made Available For Philadelphia Schools
- Pennsylvania Senate Republicans Unveil Liquor Reform Proposal
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...