Spring Garden Street
The 160-year-old Church of the Assumption will be spared the wrecking ball, at least for now, following a ruling from the city’s L&I Review Board.
Nailed to the padlocked door of the former Church of the Assumption on Spring Garden Street is a notice of demolition.
Philadelphia police are searching for two suspects in connection with an early morning home invasion.
Drivers, be warned. Center City will be even more clogged than usual, especially after 7 p.m. for the next six weeks, as crews scrape and then pave seven miles of streets in the heart of town.
Today marks the fourth heat wave of the summer, as temperatures rose for a third day in a row – into the 90s.
In addition to new decor, riders are seeing new stairs, new turnstiles, enhanced lighting and, for the first time, elevators.
Police have now released the identification of the suspect wanted in connection with the indecent assaults of two females that happened just over an hour apart in Chinatown last week.
Police are searching for a suspect in connection with the indecent assaults of two females that occurred just over an hour apart in the city’s Chinatown neighborhood.
A badly decomposed body was discovered near Penn’s Landing on Saturday.
The Chosen 300 Ministry, a local interdenominational non-profit group, is starting its King Day of Service activities Sunday on Dr. King’s birthday.
First District councilman Frank DiCicco, in his final Council meeting before retiring, wasn’t surprised to receive the mayor’s veto of the bill that would have changed the zoning to allow the wall wrap ad.
Plans are in the works to turn Spring Garden Street into a greenway that is a hub of activity for drivers, cyclists and others, connecting the Art Museum area to neighborhoods around the Delaware River.
The warning comes after a 25-year-old driver was victimized near Delaware Avenue and Spring Garden Street by a robber who burst into her unlocked car as she waited at a traffic light.
An accident at 17th and Spring Garden early Saturday morning left one person injured.
A 17-year-old boy was shot and killed near 7th and Spring Garden Streets. And in unrelated incident, two men were shot, one killed, in North Philadlephia.
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...