South Philadelphia High School
South Philadelphia High School alumni welcomed a former Tuskegee airman into its Hall of Fame Sunday.
A school district spokesman says the adult woman was entering the school about 10am to register for evening classes when school police at the X-ray machine saw a gun in the woman’s diaper bag.
The school was in the spotlight two years ago when dozens of Asian students alleged they were being bullied on campus. Some parents says the punishment does not fit the crime.
The annual Back To School Extravaganza was held Friday at South Philadelphia High School as families prepare to start the school year.
Principals in Philadelphia will gather at Fels High School today, to be trained on the district’s anti-bullying policy.
The library at South Philadelphia High School has a brand new laptop computer lab, thanks to KYW Newsradio and Comcast Corporation.
A group of students at South Philadelphia High School has taken an unusual approach to combatting the interracial violence that rocked the school two years ago: they wrote a play about it.
Brown was at South Philadelphia High School, bringing his “23 Ways to Stop Youth Violence.”
The Urban League of Philadelphia is holding a week of events spotlighting diversity in the workplace.
An expert says South Philadelphia High School is being too tough on students who don’t wear the school uniform to class. The principal disagrees.
Volunteers from several services groups joined up today with students at South Philadelphia High School today to cook and package meals for the elderly and the infirm.
Parents, students and staff participated in a workshop on Saturday morning on how to close the Philadelphia school district’s $400+ million budget deficit.
Conflicts among racial and ethnic groups keep Philadelphia students from learning, according to a report being released this afternoon by the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations.
Tuesday evening, the commission held their 11th public hearing, prompted by student attacks last year at South Philadelphia high school.
Comcast has awarded a grant to a program at South Philadelphia High School that works to bring kids of all races together to communicate and learn.
- Movie Theater Tries To Do Right By Couple With Down Syndrome, After They Say They Were Mistreated
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...