Sons of Ben
There’s a documentary being made about the Sons Of Ben, the supporter group for the Philadelphia Union.
They’re known to be loud, sometimes rude. And that their initials are “SOB” is no accident.
The Sons of Ben is a non-profit that works to develop the soccer community here in the Delaware Valley. The sports fans are also working for a good cause.
The Union are losing their starting goalkeeper.
Fans of the Philadelphia Union, known as “Sons of Ben,” packed into the mayor’s reception room today to watch the announcement from Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber.
Peter Nowak’s squad will start things off on the road, visiting the Portland Timbers. The home opener will be March 18th.
The USA is moving on to the semifinals after eliminating Brazil at the Women’s World Cup in Dresden, Germany. And one soccer enthusiast says it’s games like this that are making soccer more popular in America.
The Union is hoping that 39-year-old goalkeeper Faryd Mondragón and defender Carlos Valdés can help shore up a defense that struggled last season.
The Philadelphia Union are already waist-deep into preparations for their second season, and we now know when that season will begin.
- Expert: ecoATMs Easy Money For Thieves
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Rapper To Project Music Video Onto 3 Philadelphia Landmarks
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Philadelphia
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...