New Castle County has reversed a ban that prohibited smoking near three office complexes where most of the county’s 1,400 employees work.
Cherry Hill Council members have passed an ordinance Monday night that will ban smoking in any Township-owned area.
An ordinance awaiting final passage at the end of the month would make it illegal to light up in a park, playground, school or township facility.
Officials in Camden County, NJ say they are getting serious about a three-year-old ordinance banning smoking in public parks.
Scotland banned smoking in public in 2006. Now, a new study links the smoking ban with significant decline in preterm delivery and small-for-dates infants – not only for mothers who smoke, but also mothers who don’t.
There’s a growing trend toward an outright ban on all public smoking in larger facilities. Like Salem Community College, where a total prohibition on lighting up goes into effect today.
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Local Eagle Scout Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Still May Generate Disconnect
- Corbett Says Latino Comment Taken Out Of Context
- Campbell Soup Buys Organic Baby Food Company
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta