The month of March and the closing days of another ski season also jump starts some carnival hi-jinks at the slopes – everything from clown suits to tailgate parties.
A winter Valentine’s getaway can blend romance and action. Here are three places to enjoy it all.
The following list of top trails is subjective, but you’ll have fun testing them.
While Liberty Mountain is little known in the Philadelphia area, it’s only a two hour ride from the western suburbs. If you’re looking for something different on the snow this winter, here’s an intro to skiing here.
Rick Buckman — owner of Spring Mountain ski area in Montgomery County, Pa. — says he has about half the trails open, thanks to yeoman efforts by his staff at all hours.
“All our instructors love kids. They love teaching,” says Rick Buckman, who owns and operates Spring Mountain.
Jay finds a western tradition that has reached Pennsylvania slopes.
Big Boulder Park can have eyeballs bulging with its stunning summit view overlooking Big Boulder Lake and a pristine countryside of lakeside cottages and evergreen forest.
Shawnee Mountain is a forgiving kind of ski area that’s frequently described as “family friendly.” Here’s what you’ll find there.
For high octane skiing and social hijinx, Camelback Mountain Resort in the Poconos has been the “in” place for generations.
Mother Nature can be fickle this time of year, but Pocono mountain ski areas have lots of alternatives if there is no blast of winter before the big holiday week.
Blue is a versatile mountain which was designed and carved by winter sports pioneer Ray Tuthill, who envisioned an area that would emulate some of the mountain contours and skiing amenities found on the loftier peaks of the American Rockies.
The guns of winter – the ones that lay down light powdery snow on the Pocono Mountain slopes are firing away at Jack Frost Mountain.
It’s time to start planning ski and snowboarding getaways. Let’s begin on Pennsylvania’s northern tier, in the heart of the Endless Mountains.
It’s embarrassing to be flopping around in the snow like a beached whale, trying to get up after taking a spill on skis. Here’s a word of advice for the novice.
- Sisters Ejected From King Of Prussia Mall Over Profane Cancer Hats
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed By SEPTA Train Near Philmont Station
- Italian Artist's Mosaic Tile Pieces On Display At Pennsylvania Convention Center
- SEPTA Police Chief Tweets Picture Of Alleged Phone Snatcher
- Report Urges End To Automatic Teacher Tenure In Philadelphia Public Schools
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...