May is Older Americans Month and the US Census tells us many good things about people over 65. For starters, they’re not too old to contribute.
As we get older, brain function declines. But a recently funded government study found that playing a computer game can slow and even reverse those declines.
When it comes to health care, you might think that heart disease or cancer cost the most. In actuality, the most expensive condition to treat is dementia.
A Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) order is a type of legal form that indicates that a patient should not be offered CPR or other life sustaining measures. When does it apply?
Long term care policies are far from standard, and they differ in significant ways. Here are some critical considerations.
Hearing loss affects more than a quarter of adults over the age of fifty. The number grows to more than fifty percent in people over eighty years of age. Testing for hearing loss is easy and helpful.
There is a very interesting report from the University of Toronto which is stressing that “routine strength and balance training” should be made a priority for the elderly and their caregivers.
People who have osteoporosis are at dramatically increased risk for fractures which, in the elderly, can lead to longterm health issues. So, how can this be prevented?
There are laws to protect seniors from the harm that can occur at long term care facilities. And, every state has an Ombudsman who can help.
It is not something that we like to think about but fear of aging and the possible loss of self control can lead to serious depression.
Obama has been moving the needle with seniors using distorted arguments about Social Security and Medicare. Fortunately for GOP presidential challenger Mitt Romney, seniors’ top concern is the economy’s struggles under Obama and seniors have overwhelming voted Republican in the last two presidential elections.
Romney thought he was talking amongst his teammates in the locker room last May 17 only to find out that there was somebody on the other team hiding behind the lockers. Had he known a member of the other team was lurking back there, he would have chosen his words more carefully and had presented more carefully-chosen data than the data of which he swiftly generalized.
The idea that 47 percent of Americans don’t have “personal responsibility” or “care for their lives” is shockingly arrogant, even by Mitt Romney’s standards.
A man was arrested in Pennsylvania on charges of criminally neglecting his elderly mother, causing her to suffer serious bodily harm. What is your legal obligation to an elderly family member?
Paul Ryan has changed the Electoral College math. With the pick, Romney has chosen a path that writes off almost all of the country and focuses the election on the industrial Midwest.
- Philadelphia Author Wins National Science Fiction Writing Award
- Man Injured After Box Of Ammunition Explodes In Delaware
- Lehigh County Couple Charged In Theft Of $854K From Township
- Hints At New Plans From Buyer of Woodcrest Country Club
- Police Searching For 2 Suspects After Woman Calls 911 From Trunk Of Car
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...