U.S. Sens. Pat Toomey and Bob Casey say the Navy has agreed to commission the USS Somerset in Philadelphia.
Vice President Joe Biden, who had a boyhood home in Scranton, will receive the Pennsylvania Society’s Gold Medal for Distinguished Achievement.
Carper made the announcement Tuesday on his Facebook page, saying he came to his decision “after a great deal of soul searching.”
Job approval poll numbers are rebounding from a five-year low for U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey in the wake of an ethics probe involving a major donor.
Lautenberg spokesman Caley Gray said Monday that the New Jersey Democrat was feeling better and would be back for Senate votes on the budget expected later this week.
A spokeswoman for Robert Menendez says the senator hopes U.S. authorities join their Dominican counterparts in investigating the origin of reports he paid women in the Dominican Republic for sex.
The oldest member of the U.S. Senate says he’ll keep working until his term ends in 2015.
The Senator is expected to make the official announcement from Paterson on Friday.
Sen. Robert Menendez’s office said Wednesday that he traveled three times on a plane owned by a prominent Florida political donor but that the trips were paid for and reported appropriately.
The biggest early test for the second Obama administration is close at hand.
A memorandum issued Thursday by Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Stewart Greenleaf said his proposed resolution would allow the task force experts to examine issues surrounding gun violence.
Remember the long lines and confusion at many polling places on Election Day? A local U.S. Senator has proposed legislation that could change all that.
Former U.S. senator and Hodgkin’s disease survivor Arlen Specter is battling non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
The Republican candidate for Senate in Pennsylvania on Monday compared the decision to abort an unwanted pregnancy resulting from premarital sex to one conceived through rape as he defended his opposition to abortion in all cases.
Longtime Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter is seriously ill, a friend of Specter’s confirmed to CBS 3.
- Expert: ecoATMs Easy Money For Thieves
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Rapper To Project Music Video Onto 3 Philadelphia Landmarks
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Philadelphia
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...