Children who come with the ability to interact with computer screens and basic keyboard knowledge find it much easier to learn in today’s classrooms.
The Pennsylvania House has given preliminary approval to legislation that would create a new rating system for teachers, principals and non-teaching professionals.
Two measures aimed at stopping employers and schools from asking for social media passwords have been approved by the New Jersey Assembly.
High school graduation rates are lower in many New Jersey school districts because of a switch in the way the state computes dropouts, according to state education officials.
Students, parents and alumni gathered for a rally in South Philadelphia’s Pennsport neighborhood Thursday night in support of two Catholic schools set to close.
Both sides will be back before a federal judge today as the Chester Upland School District seeks a court order for more state funding to stave off a financial crisis.
There were streaming tears, shouts and cheers as the ladies of Saint Hubert’s let out their frustration via Monday morning’s rally on the front steps of their high school.
Philadelphia’s former CEO of the Philadelphia School District has a new job. Paul Vallas is taking over the reins in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
State lawmakers are wading into the issue of updating Pennsylvania’s system of evaluating teacher performance.
A long-awaited plan to close or consolidate under-used Philadelphia school buildings is being unveiled this week.
Blue-collar workers at Philadelphia schools are continuing their protest against hundreds of planned layoffs.
Back-and-forth negotiations and no agreement has shut the doors of Philadelphia-area Catholic high schools indefinitely on Wednesday.
Negotiations resume Thursday afternoon between striking high school teachers and the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
For the first time in nine years, Pennsylvania has a finished budget in place as the new fiscal year dawns. But it went right down to the wire last night.
It’s not even summer yet, and we’re already facing our second heat wave of the year. It’s causing some headaches for some school districts.
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Local Eagle Scout Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Still May Generate Disconnect
- Corbett Says Latino Comment Taken Out Of Context
- Campbell Soup Buys Organic Baby Food Company
- Exclusive: I-Team Uncovers What Prayer-Healing Family Told Police After Son’s Death
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta