School District of Philadelphia officials are disputing reports that the gunfire yesterday aboard the Broad Street subway stemmed from a rivalry among schools.
Breaking down the numbers from this week’s “persistently dangerous” schools report shows the overall rate of violent incidents was down slightly last year over the year before. But morals offenses were up 38 percent.
Chris recounts his experience at the Mitt Romney/Tea Party event last night at the Franklin Institute. He details Newt Gingrich’s visit to the St. Louis Zoo and the end of Blue Dog Democrats. He also talks to Secretary of the Commonwealth, Carol Aichele, about the new Voter ID Law.
A new study by the American Association of University Women found that 48% of students, 7-12th grade, experienced verbal, physical or online sexual harassment at school during the last school year.
A group of students at South Philadelphia High School has taken an unusual approach to combatting the interracial violence that rocked the school two years ago: they wrote a play about it.
Three boys are facing charges stemming from a reported sex assault at a Philadelphia elementary school.
Mayor Michael Nutter and other officials toured a North Philadelphia high school on Monday, to look at its security — on the same day a newspaper article suggested that things there could get a lot tougher.
This past week Philadelphia schools Superintendent Arlene Ackerman was notably missing from a School Reform Commission meeting leading to speculation that she is on her way out.
Conflicts among racial and ethnic groups keep Philadelphia students from learning, according to a report being released this afternoon by the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations.
Mayor Nutter convened the first meeting of the Commission on Safe Schools, saying kids can’t learn if they don’t feel safe.
Philadelphia’s Commission on Human Relations held the ninth in a series of 11 hearings on school violence Wednesday afternoon.
- Plenty To Do If You’re Staying In Town For Memorial Day Weekend
- Reproduction Of Historic Slave Ship Arrives At Seaport Museum
- Memorial Day Weekend: Jersey Shore’s First Big Test After Superstorm Sandy
- Historic Society Hill Church Prepares to Mark Its 250th Anniversary
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta