Two Pennsylvania congressmen want the NCAA to restore football scholarships taken away from Penn State as part of sanctions for the child sex abuse scandal involving retired assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.
Thousands of young undocumented immigrants have been coming out of the shadows to apply for President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. And a few students in the region were awarded the scholarship.
Hundreds of motorcyclists will rev up their engines Sunday morning for the 8th Annual “Philadelphia Ride for Kids.”
Wednesday was move-in day at Temple University, and the dorms were buzzing with new freshman and their parents.
A study from the Commonwealth Foundation finds that children who attend schools with the worst academic performance in Pennsylvania are five times more likely to be a victim of violent crimes in school.
The Ducky Birts Foundation will hold its 6th Annual Medallion Scholarship banquet at First District Plaza in University City this evening.
Zinch is a web site that can help colleges and students connect.
Block captain Evelyn Harvey still hasn’t come down yet from the announcement that her block – the 6100 block of North Franklin Street – has been named the winner of Philadelphia’s Clean Block Contest.
- Mere Hints At New Plans From Buyer of Woodcrest Country Club
- Police Searching For 2 Suspects After Woman Calls 911 From Trunk Of Car
- Survey: 2013 College Grads Are An Average Of $35,200 In Debt
- Oklahoma Tornado Rated EF-4 By National Weather Service, Second Strongest Ranking
- Motorists Advised To Grin and Bear Delays as A.C. Expressway Work Proceeds
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...