Six people are facing charges for a mortgage fraud conspiracy involving millions of dollars in loans based on false information.
Second chance scams occur when the bidder on, let’s say eBay, who didn’t win the auction is contacted by a thief posing as the seller who says the sale fell through and the item is once again for sale.
As the clean-up from Hurricane Sandy is underway, many homeowners will have to hire help to get the job done. If you’re among them, 3 On Your Side Consumer Reporter Jim Donovan has important information that you need to know.
If you get an offer for a free or low cost energy audit, you may want to hold off. 3 On Your Side Consumer Reporter Jim Donovan explains what you need to know before letting that auditor into your home.
We’re used to seeing internet scams in our e-mail, but did you know that internet scams can also start with a phone call? 3 On Your Side Consumer Reporter Jim Donovan has a warning tonight.
Planning a trip this summer? Besides making your reservations and figuring out what to pack, how much thought are you giving to protecting your money?
If you have received correspondence from the New Jersey attorney general’s office saying that you’re eligible to take part in a mega financial settlement, don’t believe it.
Adriano Sotomayor had been on the lam for more than three months before being nabbed in Las Vegas. He is charged with bilking one elderly nun out of a quarter of a million dollars.
The scam may take the form of telling you that you’ve hit the lottery, or it may be the promise of a new job. But often, it’s really just a scheme, and the people behind it are out to steal your money by using phony checks.
The scammer tells the customers they are deliquent on their account and need to pay the balance in order to avoid a service shutoff.
Organizers say seniors need to know that a scammer could be lurking on the other end of the phone, or online, or even sorting through their trash.
A spokesman for the IRS says make sure you know who you’re dealing with when filing your taxes on the Internet because scammers are out there trying to steal personal information.
Lottery scams are nothing new, but there’s a new one with a local twist and it has local officials issuing a warning.
They prey on the elderly, often stealing homes with a simple signature. And now Philadelphia is launching an all-out assault on housing scam artists. Plans to go after them were announced today at City Hall, […]
- York County Couple Arrested After Argument Over Television Show Escalates To Stabbing
- Tractor Trailer Carrying Sheetrock Overturned On I-295, Traffic Snarled
- Future Of Municipal Broadband Discussed As Mayor's Summit Concludes
- Princeton Puts 'Great Gatsby' Manuscript Online
- Police Asking Motorists To Avoid Erial Road In Camden County Due To Oil Spill
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta