Police in New Jersey are warning people about a scam where people claim to have kidnapped a family member for ransom.
Officials say two men have been charged in New Jersey in connection to a scam in which worthless paper dyed black was portrayed as real money and sold to people if they paid to have the dye removed.
By Jim Donovan: I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. There are NO free rides in life. You’ll want to remember that if you get a letter in the mail claiming you’ve “qualified […]
As 3 On Your Side Consumer Reporter Jim Donovan finds, a consumer’s best intentions can end up being pretty costly.
A federal judge decided the fates of four men who previously pleaded guilty in connection with a multi-million dollar mortgage fraud scheme.
A southern New Jersey alternative therapy practitioner has been charged with conning $1 million out of a client.
By Jim Donovan: Sorry to break the news to you, but if you get a text message saying that you’ve won a $1,000 Best Buy gift card, you really haven’t won anything and you could […]
Police say a western Pennsylvania man’s toilet theft scam didn’t end with a clean getaway.
A Pennsylvania ex-con who once claimed he could cure AIDS with ozone enemas has been charged with defrauding investors by telling them he controlled more than $1 billion worth of Texas oil.
With an increasing number of complaints about door-to-door sales in recent years, 3 On Your Side has some tips for how to avoid getting scammed.
Have you been offered a free estate planning seminar? How can you tell if it was legitimate or a scam?
By Jim Donovan: Learn about the weapons and deceptions that scam artists use to separate you from your hard earned money! What are those financial “free lunches?” What is a retirement specialist or senior specialist? […]
“The fake check, for all intents and purposes, looks a lot like one that you would receive from the Department of Treasury.”
Scams and frauds that exploit senior citizens are becoming more common and many times the crimes go unreported.
By Jim Donovan: The Internal Revenue Service has issued its annual “Dirty Dozen” ranking of tax scams, reminding taxpayers to use caution during tax season to protect themselves against a wide range of schemes ranging […]
- Dom Speaks With Pa. Senator Chuck McIlhinney About Liquor Bill
- Lien Placed On Home Of Philadelphia Mayor For Failure To Pay PGW Bill
- Pregnant Woman In Serious Condition Following Triple Shooting in North Philadelphia
- City Council Probe Into Deadly Building Collapse Highlights Two Levels of Care By City
- Marcos Camacho, Notorious 'Kensington Rapist,' Sentenced to 50+ Years in Prison
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...