The Explorer’s have defied the odds in the NCAA tournament so far, and have another challenge ahead of them Sunday against Mississippi.
Ramon Galloway posted 23 points and six assists, and La Salle used a big first half to defeat Duquesne 97-64 Saturday.
Sam Mills scored a career-high 21 points, hitting 7 of 8 3-pointers, and Ramon Galloway was 5 of 7 from long range for 19 points as La Salle routed Fordham 89-53 Saturday.
Ramon Galloway and D.J. Peterson scored 15 points apiece to lead six players in double figures in La Salle’s 80-71 victory over George Washington on Saturday.
Jerrell Wright scored 21 points to lead La Salle in the rout of Central Connecticut State University on Thursday night.
La Salle bolted to a 13-0 lead and carried a 48-28 advantage into halftime.
Earl Pettis led four La Salle players in double figures with 15 points.
The Explorers are in Western Pennsylvania to match up with the perennial Big East power, the University of Pittsburgh, after a win over JMU.
The Explorers went 15-18 during the 2010-2011 campaign. Head coach Dr. John Giannini is looking forward to improving that ledger this season.
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Local Eagle Scout Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Still May Generate Discontent
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta