What do moviegoers have to look forward to (or, perhaps, in some cases, dread) through the rest of May and into June, July, and August?
“The Croods” evokes the Flintstones but quickly surpass it in ambitiousness and quality, what with all the parallels to modern families.
Look for these mainstream titles to open on theatre screens during the first few months of 2013.
The thriller ‘Safe House’ eked out first place, followed closely by last weekend’s winner, ‘The Vow.’
The romantic drama, ‘The Vow’, starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum, finished first at the box office on its debut weekend, by earning an estimated $41-million.
“Safe House” is a gritty action thriller about corruption that’s cynical, hard-edged, two-fisted, and only minimally interested in its own subject matter.
Headlining our home video collection this week is a mammoth assortment of works by two of the most popular comedy personalities in movie history.
Last weekend it was cowboys and aliens and smurfs. This weekend it was apes. Dominating the box office, that is.
Not one member of the star-studded cast makes an impression as a fully realized character rather than a glorified prop.
What will moviegoers be looking forward to, flocking to, then fleeing from or returning to, on theatre screens between now and late August?
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Local Eagle Scout Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Still May Generate Discontent
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta