A stretch of Richmond Street between Lehigh Avenue and Somerset Street is affected by the closure.
Philadelphia firefighters battled a smoky, three-alarm blaze that broke out at a recycling plant in the city’s Bridesburg section Wednesday afternoon.
Acting on a tip from a person of interest, police recovered the suspected car involved in the fatal accident but wouldn’t say where the car was found.
Philadelphia police say 28-year-old William McCue of the 3000 block of East Thompson Street, who had just turned 28, was killed around 2:30 Sunday morning as he was attempting to cross the street near Richmond and Sergeant Streets in the city’s Port Richmond section.
One person is dead after a two car crash in Philadelphia’s Port Richmond neighborhood. Police say alcohol may have played a role.
Kevin Anderson scored 27 points and Justin Harper got a double-double as Richmond defeated La Salle 87-68 on Saturday.
PennDOT is finding a trove of historic artifacts beneath I-95 in Port Richmond and Kensington, where it’s constructing a new Girard Avenue interchange, and neighborhood residents got a chance to take a look at them Wednesday night.
- Local Non-Profit To Name ‘Best Storyteller In Philadelphia’
- Philadelphia Remains 5th Largest City In Country
- Historical Monument To Overlook Graves Of Veterans In Philadelphia
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...