A recently-discovered, unpublished Lincoln family letter written nearly a year before his assassination is being made available by a Philadelphia-based historic documents dealer.
While many historians concur the bombardment on Fort Sumter triggered the start of the Civil War, there is a document President Abraham Lincoln signed just days after the event that is actually considered the legal launch of the bloody conflict between the states.
The Raab Collection in Philadelphia said Tuesday it is selling the document, which it calls one of the most important in American history. The asking price is $900,000.
- Eyewitness News Speaks With Gov. Christie, Mrs. Christie At National Dine Out Day
- Main Line Manhunt Ends With Bank Robbery Suspects In Custody
- Bear Spotted Climbing Playground Set In Bucks County
- Firefighters Find Body At Allentown Blaze
- Historic Uptown Theater Celebrates Black Music Month By Opening Doors for Tours
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...