In body dysmorphic disorder, a person is preoccupied with an imagined deficit in the appearance of one or more body parts.
Children who were teased about their weight are more likely to try fasting, skipping meals, vomiting, or using diet pills or laxatives as adults.
Psychologists say somewhere between “checked out and freaked out is an anxiety sweet spot… which keeps us our toes” and alert for potential problems. Therapists treat people for both too much or too little anxiety.
Facebook can be a way to express oneself, but there are also some guidelines you can use to avoid heartache.
Think Yourself Thin. A new kind of hypnosis for weight loss is now being done in our area. 3 On Your Side Health Reporter Stephanie Stahl has results from some of the first success stories.
New research finds that when teenagers detail their angst in a blog, the therapeutic value is even better than writing to ‘dear diary’.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a major psychiatric problem where people have recurrent or persistent thoughts, impulses, or images they find distressing. It is estimated that 2 to 45% of the population can experience it.
A new book looks at your “Emotional Calendar” and how you can ‘rebrand’ some of the tough moments of your life.
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, women who experience violence – including domestic violence, rape, sexual assault, and stalking – have a greater risk of developing mental health disorders.
We know that problems we face as children can have long term psychological effects on people as adults. Now results of a new study show that they also have substantial effects on physical health as well.
Despite the climbing divorce rate, influence of the internet in helping to disintegrate long-term relationships and public figures behaving badly, a Temple University psychologist still believes there are heroic fathers out there on this Father’s Day.
Sorry to say, but adolescence now begins earlier and lasts longer, according to Dr. Laurence Steinberg Temple psychology professor and author of “You and Your Adolescent: the Essential Guide for Ages 10 to 25.”
by KYW’s Dr. Marciene Mattleman Recent findings involving 482 participants provided interesting information on the connection between maternal affection for infants with their later health. Most studies of this type ask adults to rely on […]
- Expert: ecoATMs Easy Money For Thieves
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Rapper To Project Music Video Onto 3 Philadelphia Landmarks
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Philadelphia
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...