The financially struggling U.S. Postal Service said Wednesday it will stop delivering mail on Saturdays but continue to disburse packages six days a week, an apparent end-run around an unaccommodating Congress.
Two of the region’s large mail processing centers will close: the Southeastern Pennsylvania Processing and Distribution Center on West Valley Road in Wayne, and the Reading Processing and Distribution Facility.
Among the best known local post offices on the list are the Benjamin Franklin post office in Old City, and ones in Manayunk, Roxborough, East Germantown, 30th Street train station, Overbrook, and St. Davids.
- Eyewitness News Speaks One-On-One With Gov. Christie At National Dine Out Day
- Bear Spotted Climbing Playground Set In Bucks County
- Main Line Manhunt Ends With 3 Bank Robbery Suspects In Custody
- Firefighters Find Body At Allentown Blaze
- Historic Uptown Theater Celebrates Black Music Month By Opening Doors for Tours
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...