During an impromptu press conference, the deputy police chief told the media that the incident occurred around 5:30 a.m. inside the building when a suspect being taken into custody for a domestic violence-related incident got into a confrontation with officers.
A 26-year-old Philadelphia man was shot by police early Sunday morning in Hunting Park after investigators say he pulled a gun on them.
A suspect remains hospitalized after being shot by Philadelphia police officers early Wednesday morning.
A car crash near Temple University’s campus led to gunshots early Tuesday morning. Police were forced to shoot one of the men involved.
The incident occurred at 52nd and Jefferson Streets around 10:30 a.m.
After police asked the suspect to remove his weapon, he pointed it at the officers, who then opened fire, hitting the suspect several times in the chest.
Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey says he wants to know why a suspect with a history of eight arrests, including numerous charges of gun possession, was out on the street.
Philadelphia police shot and critically wounded a man they say tried to rob two stores in the Northeast just after midnight Thursday.
The man’s family and the NAACP are calling for a federal investigation into the department’s use of deadly force against unarmed civilians.
One man is under arrest, another hospitalized after a police involved shooting in South Philadelphia this morning.
A man is in critical condition at Temple University Hospital after he was shot by police following a domestic dispute in the Hunting Park section of the city.
A 30-year-old man has pleaded guilty and will be sentenced in May for shooting and nearly killing a Philadelphia police officer near Broad and Somerset in June of 2009.
Authorities say police in Pennsauken shot and killed a 54-year-old man after he shot his three teenage sons, killing two of them.
A man was in critical condition after he was shot by police in the Frankford section of Philadelphia, Saturday evening.
Philadelphia police have identified a second suspect in Thursday’s shootout in the Kensington section of the the city, and they hope a $10,000 reward will help them track him down.
- 2 Injured After Car Slams Into Wall Outside Yeadon Fire Department
- Study: Obesity Rates Highest Among Transportation Workers
- Penalty Phase Begins In Kaboni Savage Murder Case
- Local Red Cross Sends Help To Oklahoma Tornado Disaster Area
- Judge To Decide In Several Weeks Whether To Throw Out Corbett’s Case Against NCAA
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...