Chris talks liquor, latenight TV, and Twitter and how they all are effecting Philadelphia. Pennsylvania Lawmakers are voting today on the privatizing of the state liquor system. Rumors say Jimmy Fallon could be moving NBC late night to NYC if he takes over for Jay Leno. D.A. Seth Williams gets caught following interesting twitter accounts. Chris personally speaks with Bernard McCormick author celebrating Philly Mag, Evan Nappen lawyer of SJ man posting Facebook photos of his son holding a rifle, and Matt Brouillette from the commonwealth foundation joins us to discuss the bill to privatize the plcb.
During state House budget hearings, Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board chairman Skip Brion said he doesn’t like his agency being “vilified” in the debate over privatizing liquor sales.
The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board has voted to increase prices on several hundred items.
Chris examines the end of the PLCB’s wine kiosk program, fact checks if secretaries really pay more taxes than billionaires and talks to Phillies Play-by-Play TV Announcer Tom McCarthy about the state of the team heading into the playoffs.
Chris discusses the decision to move his speech to a joint session of Congress to 7pm next Thursday, he talks to Chris Butler about the AT&T/T-Mobile merger and CBS 3′s Beasley Reese about the Eagles last pre-season game.
The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board plans to launch a pilot program that will see bottles of liquor offered for sale in a selected number of those new wine kiosks that have been set up in supermarkets.
Liquor Control Board spokeswoman Stacey Witalec says on March 1st the LCB will “delist” about a tenth of the inventory of a typical large state store. The good news is those brands and products will be marked down to clearance prices until they are gone.
The Liquor Control Board has replaced the entire staff of its warehouse store in South Philadelphia following a financial audit of the facility.
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...