Philadelphia Water Department
“Your drain’s gonna back up if the drainage system for the city does not do what it is supposed to do,” resident Brice Baker told city officials.
The Philadelphia Water Department is advising those in the University City section of Philadelphia that their water may be affected by recent maintenance work.
Frankford Avenue near East Pike Street is now open after a water main break closed it Sunday morning.
Crews worked to repair yet another water main break in the city Thursday evening.
A spokeswoman says hot weather is bad for larger pipes while cold weather is tough for smaller pipes to handle.
Water department crews have shut down a 48-inch water transmission main that flooded the streets of a Philadelphia neighborhood early Wednesday morning.
Residents in the Lawndale section of Northeast Philadelphia are wondering what type of poison the city is using to kill massive rats that are turning up dead on their street.
The City of Philadelphia is working towards greener days by implementing ‘Green Streets’ which will improve the health of waterways in Philadelphia.
An aging infrastructure and environmental regulations are being blamed for the Philadelphia Water Department’s plan to boost rates by more than six percent in each of the next four years.
Traffic remains delayed in Northeast Philadelphia following a water main break early Saturday morning.
The Philadelphia Water Department says it’s seen water usage go up every day since July started.
It’s lurking in the nation’s sewers, and even as close as the sewage line that runs from your house to the main. It’s called FOG — for accumulated fats, oils and grease. In Philly, it’s FROG, since the water department includes tree roots.
The Philadelphia Water Department is attempting to track down the source of radioactive iodine found by federal authorities in the drinking water supply drawn from the Schuylkill River.
The Philadelphia Water Department is working to repair a water main break that took place Saturday evening.
A water main break in a Southwest Philadelphia neighborhood sent water shooting approximately 40 feet into the air early Thursday morning.
- Constitution Center Deal Will Bring an Original 'Bill of Rights' to Philadelphia
- New Jersey Changes Handicapped Parking Program
- Chester County Man Charged In ‘Execution’ Murder Of Long-Time Girlfriend
- Montco Man in Wheelchair Sentenced For Shooting 2, Including His Mother
- Study: Teen Enthusiasm For Facebook Dwindling, Twitter Usage Up Significantly
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...