Philadelphia Prison System
Philadelphia City Council members are up in arms over the mayor’s decision to renew a huge contract for prison health care to a company that was recently forced to pay nearly $2 million to settle the city’s fraud claim.
Civil rights attorney David Rudovsky says Philadelphia’s prison population has jumped by more than 2,000 in the past year and a half.
Three suicides and one attempted suicide in the past week in the Philadelphia prison system are prompting a probe by a local civil rights attorney.
The Philadelphia Prison System has welcomed some more arrivals. But they’re happy to be there — and wagging their tails.
The Philadelphia Prison System is looking for 21-year-old Shamir Robinson of Nicetown after he was mistakenly released from prison in a paperwork foul-up.
- Analysis: Consequences Of A World Without Newspapers
- Annual Bike Ride Raises Funds To Preserve Land In Chester County
- Bala Cynwyd Library To Official Open Doors After Renovation
- Author Looks At Meaning Of Being Disabled, Strength Of Conviction
- Positively Philadelphia: A Brooklyn Flea Market Hops To Philadelphia