“Probably his most famous saying is, ‘A penny saved is a penny earned,’ but he really did not say that,” notes a local man who portrays the Founding Father.
“I think and hope we may finally be at a tipping point,” said Rabbi David Strauss. “The American people, I believe, have been aroused by this ongoing, senseless slaughter.”
This collection of signatures of all 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence heads to auction on December 15th.
“It was a place that was open all night — people hung out there,” notes South Street historian Joel Spivak, who says that Levis’ hot dogs and cherry sodas were legendary.
The remains of five Irish immigrants unearthed a decade ago near Paoli, Pa. were today transported to a cemetery for burial this coming Friday.
A city council committee proposes calling the open-air concert stage “The Georgie Woods Entertainment Center at the Robin Hood Dell.”
The luncheon was organized by the Wilton Norman Chamberlain Postal Stamp Committee, which, after four years, is still working to have a Wilt stamp printed by the US Postal Service.
“The ‘Valentine to the Market’ is a gala fundraiser to raise money for the improvement of the market and to ensure that we have the Reading Terminal Market for future generations,” says general manager Paul Steinke.
By Tim Jimenez PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — After an 18-month wait, a historic bell will toll tomorrow on Independence Mall in Philadelphia. No, not that bell. This one is called the Centennial Bell, and it hangs […]
The grand homes of Overbrook Farms were mainly built in the late 19th century, many for Philadelphia’s leading industrialists.
Lisa Acker Moulder, director of the Betsy Ross House, says that from December 26th through 31st, they’ll be hosting free historic chocolate-making demonstrations.
More than 40,000 votes were cast, with Philadelphia dominating in one major category.
The site, which opened just ten months ago on Independence Mall, has been plagued with technical problems right from the beginning.
The trail, known as “W3R” for “Washington-Rochambeau Revolutionary Route,” runs 685 miles from Newport, RI to Yorktown, Va.
A program officer for the National Trust for Historic Preservation, McGill says he has slept in more than 20 slave dwellings to inspire their preservation.
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Health: Dangerous Deals Undercover Investigations Leads To Man Running from CBS 3 Cameras Again
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta