Philadelphia Fire Department
Flames broke out around 3:30 p.m. Saturday at an apartment building along the 3800 block of North 15th Street in the city’s Tioga-Nicetown section.
Flames broke out around 2 a.m. Sunday at a home near 7th Street and West Nedro Avenue.
Joseph Schulle, head of the firefighters’ union Local 22, has no faith in the CDC standards and believes that hazmat suits are needed for the paramedics should they have to respond to a potential Ebola outbreak.
I-Team Exclusive: New Steps To Protect Philadelphia First Responders Against Patients Suspected Of Having Ebola
A Philadelphia Fire Department memo obtained by the CBS 3 I-team now reveals new steps being taken to protect medics and firefighters who might answer calls to help patients suspected of having the Ebola virus.
Police say the suspect, Lieutenant Jemal Johnson, an 18 year veteran assigned to Ladder Company 14 in North Philadelphia, was still wearing his fire uniform pants, which may have aided in his officer impersonation.
The fire marshal is investigating a suspicious, fast moving overnight fire that injured two people at an apartment building in Northwest Philadelphia.
Council president Darrell Clarke has introduced a bill giving the Philadelphia Fire Department responsibility for inspecting propane tanks used on curbside food trucks.
Flames broke out shortly after 12:30 a.m. Saturday at a home along the 4100 block of Ogden Street in the city’s Belmont section.
Jeremiah Laster has been sworn in as Deputy Commissioner.
The renovations and upgrades cost approximately $475,000. The building was heavily damaged by fire last September.
Philadelphia officials now say improvements to the fire department’s medic system, first implemented 100 days ago, are working, making more units available to those needing help.
While en route to a service call Friday, the drive shaft of a Philadelphia fire truck broke off, stranding several firefighters and the truck for several hours.
Funeral services were held Saturday for four young children who died in a fire in Southwest Philadelphia last month.
There were no deaths or injuries, but the blaze caused enough damage to put the firehouse out of service for nearly a year.
About 1,000 people were evacuated from 757 rooms in the 26-story Center City hotel as a precautionary measure.