Philadelphia Common Pleas Court
“Various items, including rope and some candy wrappers were found down her throat, and she was suffocated,” says McEwan family attorney Nancy Winkler.
Computers have been forecasting weather and economic trends for years, but applying algorithms to human behavior is relatively new.
Mayor Michael Nutter is asking the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to take up the question of whether he can impose a new contract on the city’s blue-collar workers’ union.
Beloff, 48, was serving his first term as a Common Pleas judge, presiding over cases in the criminal division.
A former batting practice pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies is taking the team to court, contending the organization and its General Manager have badmouthed him.
“The defendant forced the child, when he was approximately nine years old, to engage in a sexual activity, obviously without his consent,” the prosecutor says.
The city, claiming the award was too expensive, appealed the original arbitration award nearly two years ago.
The prosecution alleges these “prior bad acts” show a pattern of conduct by the church that contributed to the criminal conduct of defendant Msgr. William Lynn.
Judge Sheila Woods-Skipper has upheld a Municipal Court judge’s ruling that bars attorneys, defendants, witnesses, victims, and some minors from commenting on the case against Linda Weston and three other defendants.
The parents of 11-year-old Abiah Jones consulted with one set of lawyers shortly after the accident at Mariner’s Landing on the Wildwood boardwalk, but went with another firm to file the wrongful death suit.
The Philadelphia School District and the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers have agreed to go to arbitration to settle their dispute over nearly 350 teachers listed for layoffs.
A Philadelphia Common Pleas Court judge has granted a union request to force schools superintendent Arlene Ackerman to rescind 1,500 teacher layoffs for the time being.
- Prayer-Healing Couple Charged With 3rd Degree Murder In Death Of Son
- Officials In Montgomery County School District Unveil New Security System
- Two Historic Buildings In South Jersey Among State's ''Most Endangered''
- Blog: Megabus Summer Seat Sale
- Veteran Phila. Police Narcotics Officer Caught In FBI Sting, Charged With Ripoff
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...