The US Department Agriculture says 50 million people went hungry last year.
Nationally, the average cost of a gallon of gas is up 30 cents in the last month to $3.70.
The Philabundance food bank got a boost on Sunday from the Phillies “Phans Feeding Families” day at the ball park.
Philabundance is asking area green thumbs to donate some of the produce they’re growing in their home gardens.
SEPTA and Philabundance are asking transit riders to donate food at 45 rail and transit stations around the region.
Chris talks to Phillies OF Hunter Pence about his upcoming charity event, Steve Cordasco about Facebook’s IPO, CBS 3′s Beasley Reece to preview the Sixers and Phillies weekends, and Breitbart.com’s Larry O’Connor about biography discovered of President Obama claiming he was born in Kenya.
Hunter Pence apologized for his poor play in right field so far this year.
“Vernick” opens near 21st and Walnut, “Spiga” near 13th and Locust, and a center city hotel hosts “Taste of the Nation” to benefit anti-hunger programs in the Delaware Valley.
It’s the second annual “Cupcake Smash,” at the Piazza at Schmidt’s.
High School students from the Philadelphia region went head-to-head over a two-week period to collect tons of food for the “Great Food Fight” to benefit Philabundance.
In partnership with CBS 3 and Philabundance, the Delaware Valley’s largest hunger relief organization, the National Constitution Center will collect non-perishable food items as part of the Bruce Springsteen-inspired “Hungry Heart” Food Drive.
The National Constitution Center, in partnership with CBS 3 and Philabundance, the Delaware Valley’s largest hunger relief organization, will collect non-perishable food items as part of the Bruce Springsteen-inspired “Hungry Heart” Food Drive.
In about a year, the organization says it hopes to open a new 13,000-square-foot “Fare and Square” grocery store. It is believed to be the first supermarket in the country operated by a food aid group as a nonprofit venture.
Philabundance has had its eye on the building for some time and has been working to raise $4.5-million to try to buy it and open it up as a grocery store that will also serve as a food center.
From time to time, everyone needs a helping hand, and opportunities abound in Philadelphia to reach out to those in need and make a difference.
- Cleanup Underway After Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Shore Towns
- Police: Shoplifters Concealed $600 In Prescription Drugs Down Pants
- Car Crash Causes Hundreds of Residents To Lose Power In Bucks County
- Doctor Killed By Husband In NJ Murder-Suicide
- Dom Giordano Speaks To Gov. Corbett About Increase In Gas Prices Under Proposed Bill
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...