The Philadelphia Gas Works is lowering the price of natural gas by 2½ percent, and that should save the average customer more than $34 per year.
If you’ve been thinking about replacing a furnace or boiler, now might be the time to do it. Philadelphia Gas Works is doubling the rebate for homeowners who upgrade to energy-saving systems.
The Pennsylvania Welfare Department is working on a backlog of applications for Low Income Home Energy Assistance. The program closes at the end of the month, but thousands of people are still waiting for help.
By Jim Donovan: The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) today announced that it will decrease what residential customers pay for natural gas. The average residential heating customer will pay about 6.6 percent less per month for […]
The mayor’s announcement follows the release of a study that found selling PGW makes sense for the city. Unionized workers vow a fight.
The price of natural gas is falling and that is good news for those in the Delaware Valley who use it to heat their homes.
The 24-page PUC report concludes that PGW failed to follow many of its own safety procedures on site, including taking too long to shut off gas and electricity in the area where gas was leaking.
As the weather turns colder, are you worried about how you’re going to heat your home this winter?
Firefighters battled a blaze in South Philadelphia Friday afternoon.
Authorities are investigating an underground explosion in Center City Saturday night.
Should cash-strapped Philadelphia City Hall sell off the airport or PGW? Those aren’t new ideas, but a prominent political figure is giving them new life.
The city has been listing tax delinquents on its website for the last few years, focusing on those who owe the most business taxes. Now that is expanding the site to include those who owe the city-owned Water department and PGW.
A number of homes are without power after officials say a manhole explosion took place in the city’s Manayunk neighborhood Monday evening.
Family and friends of Mark Keeley, a young PGW worker killed in a natural gas explosion, spoke to Eyewitness News about their loved one and their special tribute to him—a tribute that exuded positive energy for family and friends in the face of tragedy.
Philadelphia firefighters have knocked down a fire at a residence in Northeast Philadelphia.
- Sea Isle City Residents Prove They’re Stronger Than Sandy As Rebuilding Efforts Continue
- Pa. Senate Tackles Liquor Bill
- Family Of 10-Year-Old Boy Killed In Chester Accident Speaks Out
- Health: Study Shows Facebook Initiative To Boost Organ Donation Registration Worked
- NJ Health Officials Advise Residents Of Coyote Sightings
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...