The President of the Philadelphia AFL-CIO, Pat Eiding scoped out any mayors who happened along 17th street around the Westin Hotel.
More than 15,000 city workers, including firemen, have been working without a contract for four years, and private-sector union workers came out Tuesday to show solidarity.
Wednesday was the deadline set by Mayor Nutter for the blue-collar city workers’ union to respond to what he calls his “final offer” in the long-running contract talks.
With Nutter inside the Capitol Hilton, serving as president of the US Conference of Mayors, AFSCME International had a little anti-Nutter protest outside.
Members of Philadelphia’s two non-uniformed city workers’ unions packed into City Council chambers on Thursday and got a vote of support from the lawmakers in their effort to get a new contract.
The union representing blue-collar municipal workers in Philadelphia says, after three years with no new contract, it’s time the mayor gets serious about their negotiations.
The largest of Philadelphia’s four city worker unions is turning up the heat on Mayor in long-stalled contract negotiations. They’re running anti-Nutter ads, including one to air during Saturday’s TV broadcast of the Phillies spring training game.
Philadelphia City Council has voted to tweak the controversial lump-sum pension perk known as “DROP,” turning its back on the mayor’s call to abolish the program.
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Local Eagle Scout Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Still May Generate Disconnect
- Corbett Says Latino Comment Taken Out Of Context
- Campbell Soup Buys Organic Baby Food Company
- Exclusive: I-Team Uncovers What Prayer-Healing Family Told Police After Son’s Death
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta