People’s Emergency Center
Dozens were on hand at the historic Hawthorne Hall to mark the beginning of “Make Your Mark,” a community driven effort to revitalize lower Lancaster Avenue.
volunteers dressed in green aprons and Santa hats carried boxes filled with “Stockings of Love” stuffed with small toys, games, and other goodies for children and women who live at or are served by the People’s Emergency Shelter, on North 39th Street near Lancaster Avenue.
A study shows the state is paying $352 million for kids that become homeless.
It started out as a block party, but the word spread and in this, its fourth year, hundreds are expected to turn out to enjoy free music, art, information and lots of fun.
A new policy set in motion by PHA head Michael Kelly looks to battle homelessness and urban blight.
- Blog: Virgin America Best, Spirit Worst in Consumer Reports Airline Ratings
- Ramsey: Internal Affairs Is Investigating Police Involved Shootings
- New Jersey Man Accused Of Defrauding FEMA After Sandy
- Allentown Firefighters Find Body In Burned Apartment
- Local Unions Protest Outside Nutter's Conference Of Mayors
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring...
- Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes
- Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts...
- Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence