It seemed to hit the Capitol like a brick: a sudden groundswell of criticism over a move by Gov. Tom Corbett and the Pennsylvania State Board of Education to toughen academic achievement standards and tie them to graduation tests for the state’s roughly 1.7 million public and charter school students.
A woman who served in the cabinet of former Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell is the latest to join the ever-growing field of Democrats seeking to oust the current occupant of the governor’s office, Republican Tom Corbett.
Schwartz says the condition of Pennsylvania’s economy — and Gov. Corbett’s response to it — will be the major issue in the race.
Leach, an unabashed liberal, has served in the state legislature for the last decade and becomes the first candidate to officially enter the Congressional race.
She says the contract is not legal, citing several reasons, the most significant being that the Corbett administration has overstepped its authority.
A Republican who opposed Tom Corbett when he was elected attorney general in 2004 says he may take on now-governor Tom Corbett in the 2014 GOP primary.
Governor Tom Corbett held his first news conference since taking office – to announce his choice to replace him as attorney general.
Tom Corbett on Wednesday held his first question and answer session with capitol reporters since being elected governor last week.
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Local Eagle Scout Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Still May Generate Discontent
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta