Penn State Nittany Lions
Matt McGloin threw for 231 yards and four touchdowns and Penn State overwhelmed Navy in a 34-7 win Saturday for rookie coach Bill O’Brien’s first career victory.
Virginia’s Michael Rocco hit Jake McGee on a 6-yard touchdown pass with 1:28 to play Saturday, and Sam Ficken’s fourth missed field goal of the game — from 42 yards at the gun — preserved the Cavaliers’ 17-16 victory over Penn State.
Penn State’s new head coach clearly wasn’t happy, and meeting the media seemed like the last thing he wanted to do after losing his Happy Valley debut 24-14 to Ohio.
The shriek of the final whistle in Penn State’s loss to Ohio University represented a milestone for the university as it struggles to move past the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal that has damaged it immeasurably over the past 10 months.
The Penn State Nittany Lions took the field for the start of a new season without Joe Paterno for the first time in 46 years.
The new era at Penn State is off to a disappointing start.
The widow of the late Joe Paterno cheered on Penn State in the Nittany Lions’ historic season opener Saturday against Ohio.
As fans trudged into Beaver Stadium against the visiting Ohio Bobcats, the biggest concern was that another Nittany Lions’ season was about to begin but all things thrown at the Penn State program still hovered.
NCAA leaders planned to announce sanctions against Penn State’s football program at a Monday morning press conference in Indianapolis.
Monday morning the NCAA is expected to announce what they are calling unprecedented sanctions and penalties against the Penn State Football Program for its Guardian’s role in the cover up of the Jerry Sandusky child abuse scandal.
After seven wrenching months of utter turmoil, shock and sadness, Penn State is looking toward the future and trying to change the subject.
The Nittany Lions’ new leader is embarking on a nine-day, 18-stop bus tour spread out over the next three weeks.First stop: Philadelphia on Monday.
From the bouquets of blue-and-white carnations left at the bronzed Paterno statue outside the stadium to the charity 5K race run in Joe Paterno’s honor Sunday, fans paid tribute to the Hall of Fame coach who died in January at age 85.
Bria Hartley scored 20 points, Kelly Faris added 15 and No. 1 seed UConn advanced to the NCAA tournament’s regional finals for the seventh straight year with a 77-59 win over Penn State on Sunday.
With spring practice starting, Monday is the first day the former offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots can strap a whistle around his neck and start officially coaching the team.
- Marcos Camacho, Notorious 'Kensington Rapist,' Sentenced to 50+ Years in Prison
- Police Searching For Bank Robbery Suspects In Montgomery County
- Corbett: Dedicated To Finding Long-Term Solution For Philadelphia School District
- Brotherly Love: Chefs Compete In MANNA Guac-Off
- Montco Advocates For The Elderly Discuss State Funding Needs
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...